Saturday, September 12, 2015

Status!

Okay, so I'm going to start doing periodic status posts to kind of keep myself honest about my workload and what I'm focused on at the moment. I'm working on balancing freelance gigs + coursework + school work + teaching + dissertation reading. I'm staying home today and not doing a whole lot out of the house (maybe going to pick up the ceramics I did with my stepdaughter), so hopefully I can get things done.

Here's my current statuses across the categories:

Freelance: 

  • Redlines for the one of the Dark Eras for the Onyx Path book; finished one era, still one to go. Deadline of Monday. 
  • Started in on the next chapter for Emerald City, the Interface Zero 2.0 book I'm working on. Got 500 words done yesterday -- aiming for at least that much today. 
Coursework:
  • Read another two chapters on Cicero. 
  • Finish translating Ad Familiares 7.1.
  • Study vocabulary.
Teaching:
  • Grade 11 1st drafts with global and local feedback for Monday. 
Dissertation Reading: 
  • Finish Pandora's Hope (Latour). Start something else -- non-Latour would be a good idea. Still debating whether I want to go back to a primary (period) source or read a theory piece. Butler is sitting on my desk, taunting me. Perhaps just to get it out of the way. 

That does sound like rather a lot, doesn't it? Ah well. We'll see what we can do.