Update -- Hard Work Pays Off

So I'm two weeks into my six week class over the summer, and I'm really liking what I see in the students and the class. I had to reach down deep to find my happy place in the course after some changes we made to the curriculum, but now that I'm in it, I really like what I'm seeing and how everything is coming together.

One of the things I'm happiest about, honestly, is how far my teaching has come. I've found out that I'm likely to co-teach a class I've taught before in a previous semester. It was one of my first teaching experiences where I took on a lot of the responsibility, and although there were areas in which I was very happy with how things went, there were a number of things I could have done better.

One of the things I realized today, though, is that in thinking about that upcoming course assignment... I know what to do to fix it. I've already got plans. I've learned so much since my first time through and I know how to address the things that didn't turn out like I wanted. I am going to bust out all the stuff I've learned like nobody's business, and maybe at least one student will learn something useful along the way. :)

There are times when I really question where I am and how I got here. I love what I do, but I find myself wondering if I'm actually any good at it. Today, though... today I have an answer to that, and it's an answer I'm really happy about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timewatch: Session Five

Timewatch, Session Four.

Timewatch: Session Six!